Monday, February 19, 2007

Our big purchase of 2007

This weekend Brian and I signed on a new car. The Mitsubishi Outlander-an SUV Crossover type vehicle. We are just waiting for them to call saying they have located one in a color we wanted-then we can give the okay to have it shipped in to Appleton. I knew we would be deciding on a vehicle soon-Brian has a lease, which comes due in May-I was just thinking that we were going to wait until it got closer to May. That is life though, and we were able to get a pretty good deal on the Outlander with all of Brian's negotiating skills, thanks to a friend of ours who also recently bought an Outlander from the same salesman-so he knew all the tricks and how far we could push this guy. So we are getting a great deal to trade in Brian's Honda, as well as a good deal of money off of the Outlander. I didn't know that Brian had those negotiating skills, but I guess we all have hidden talents. So, hopefully by the end of the week or the weekend, we will have the Outlander in our possession. It is exciting, even though I know that I probably won't be driving it as much since Brian in kinda anal about the cars he owns/leases. We are leasing this vehicle, with the intention to buy it once the lease is up. Luckily my truck is paid up in May, so we wont' have two SUV car payments.
Keep tuned in to the Outlander saga and I will fill you in as new details arise.

2 comments:

Mommy Petersen said...

Fun! What color?
My dad is a good haggler too. He's good at wearing down the salespeople until they just sell him the vehicle at the price he wants so he won't come back :)

Sara said...

yeah, my dad is a good haggler too. We bought so many cars from the same dealership that they knew if they didn't give him the price he wanted, he would leave. Better to lose money than business I guess.