Thursday, November 09, 2006

No leaf left behind

Or at least that was my plan as I set out this beatuiful morning to rake the leaves for one last time this season (final leaf pick up is on Monday and snow is expected for tomorrow). However, the leaves and Mother Nature seemed to have a different plan. I like to call their plan every leaf for themselves. Most of the leaves did make it to the curb, despite the wind. i only have to hope that they stay there until Monday. I wonder if they will still get picked up even if they are covered in snow. Guess i will have my answer on Monday.
I love the shade that mature trees provide, but the raking stinks. Even the pine tree likes to play his role in fall. He drops pine needles and tiny pine cones. So, no amount of raking will ever get every little pine needle up-and I have tried and have the blisters to show for it. I did notice today that our grass is really dead in spots. I may have raked up as much grass as I did leaves, especially in our front yard.
We need a smaller yard or a bigger rake next year:)

1 comment:

Mommy Petersen said...

vbtAmen sister!

I'm planning a blog about my raking experience. Stay tuned!