Monday, November 20, 2006

I have picked the wrong career

I should have been a librarian. I subbed last week for the library paraprofessional at the middle school library and was checking in and out books all day long. When I wasn't doing that, I was reshelving the books or straightening the shelves. In the little time that was left during the day, I was laminating and cutting for the librarian.
Today, I subbed for that librarian. It was a very boring day. I did a little checking in and out and reshelving, but most of my day was spent sitting around. The library was having a slow day today, slower than last week, but the parapro was also doing most of the work.
So the moral of my career change is that I could be a librarian as long as I worked in a library that had a parapro. I would have very little work to do each day. Could life get much easier then that?!?!

No comments: