Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I voted

I did it. I performed my civic duty and voted. I went to the polling place at 7:45pm, my voter card in hand, prepared to stand in line until the close of the polls. As it turned out, we live in the district that allowed us to bypass all the suckers standing in line and go directly to the voting booths. Guess we picked a good place to live. So I took my ballot, stood in the booth and filled in my arrows. I inserted the ballot into the machine and proudly walked out with my "I voted" sticker. Walking out past all the people who were still standing in line, some that came after us. Sucks to be them. Now I am done with my civic duty for a few more years. Yeah!!!

2 comments:

Mommy Petersen said...

how did you get to skip ahead. I stood in line but only for about 5 minutes. I was number 2530 to enter my ballot into the machine...ooo maybe I shouldn't say that--my vote might be able to get traced!

Sara said...

just happened to live in the right district. The long line was for District 3 and we live in District 1.