Thursday, March 01, 2007

And March Comes In Like A Lion

We are getting our second major snowstorm this week, and it promises to be worse then the one from the weekend. "Edward" is going to be dropping about the same amount of snow as "Danielle", but it will also be bringing sleet and freezing rain. Wonderful news for all people without a snow blower. Course, I am not sure how well a snow blower would work with really wet snow. Many schools are closed today, with many more closing by 1pm. We are supposed to get the brunt of everything tonight, and I am hoping they are right. We are hoping to drive to Watertown tomorrow night to visit my parents and I really don't want to do the 2 lane country roads if it is snowing/sleeting/raining. And according to the radar, the precipitation will be changing depending on the part of the state you are in. Gotta love this wonderful winter weather. I guess I shouldn't complain, I mean we had to know that we were going to get hit hard with the way winter started out so mild.
So, now I sit here, watching the snow, waiting to see if Sylvan will be cancelled for tonight as well. I am assuming they will, since most area schools are closing early, but you never know. And I am sure that schools will be closed tomorrow, so no subbing there either. Luckily I got a little bit of subbing in yesterday afternoon.

No comments: