Thursday, March 08, 2007

Haven't gotten a wake up call in a week.

I haven't subbed since last Wednesday. I thought for sure with cold and flu season lasting longer this year I would be kept nice and busy. Guess teachers have found ways to stay healthy. Oh well, hopefully something will come soon.
I have been keeping busy applying for a few jobs. 2 in Kimberly and 1 for the new school they are building in DePere. I already got a no from Kimberly for one of them, but I am still hoping. The jobs are starting to show up more now that contracts are coming out.

For anyone wondering, we ended up driving to Watertown on Friday night. Not the best drive I have every had, but we made it in one piece without landing in the ditch. It took us about an hour longer to get there then normal, which was actually quicker then I was expecting. The main highway was not too bad, but the country roads had major drifting. Especially as we got closer to my parents. By the time we pulled in, the back of my car was buried in snow and the underside was also caked in snow. It is days like that where i am glad that I own an SUV, even if it does not have 4 wheel drive. I am not sure we would have done so well in a car.

Well, I am off to do some more applications.

No comments: