Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I learned something new yesterday.

Ok, for all you computer savvy people this may not seem like a big deal, but I was pretty excited. I was subbing at the middle school library as the parapro yesterday. the librarian was showing a video on the big 6 steps to research paper writing. Well, during the research stage they were talking about searching on google. If you want to narrow your search, you can put a minus sign in front of any words you don't want included in the search. I never knew that before, but it is going to save me a lot of time next time i have to google something. I also learned that if you are searching for a name of a person, put that name in quotes otherwise it will look for the first name and the last name, not necessarily together. I thought those were pretty interesting tips and wish I would have found them out sooner, would have made all those college paper searches a little bit faster. Oh well, I guess this just further proves that you are never to old to stop learning.

Since I am not subbing today, I am not really expecting to learn anything new today-unless it comes from the news. Course, the book that I am reading for Lent has provided some pretty thought provoking questions. (Rae Ann, still waiting to start discussions!)

No comments: