Friday, March 02, 2007

To Go or Not To Go...

that is the question. It is snowing now and we are supposed to have 2-4 inches by the time it is done. 1-800-ROAD-WIS says all the roads are snow covered and slippery. The sun is out right now and I am sure there are at least plow trucks on 41. The only problem is after 41 I still have about an hour drive on 2 lane dark roads. I really want to go to Watertown just to get away from everything here for a weekend, but I don't want to end up in a ditch. I guess I will wait to see as the day goes on and call the roads again later and see how they are. Who knows, maybe the snow will stop sooner then they expect and the roads will all get cleared up. If things get too bad, guess we could always leave early tomorrow morning and drive at least in the day light. Too bad Brian works until 5:45 tonight.

Speaking of work, they didn't cancel Sylvan last night, but they might as well have. I didn't have to be there until 5, but called at 4 to make sure they were still having classes. they said they were, so I made the trek in. 2 minutes from Sylvan, my cell phone rings. they are asking me if I am on the road yet. Hmmm, 10 minutes before I am supposed to be there and I live 20 minutes away in good weather-YES I AM ON MY WAY. So she said okay, come on by and we will figure something out. I got there, ended up teaching no students at the 5 class, but got everything pulled that they need for Saturdays classes. 6:00 class, there were 2 students that hadn't called in by 5:45 and there were 2 teachers. Would be a slow night. At a little after 6, one of the students called in. So, we were all heading home at 6:15 and the director would teach the other student if she showed up. I busted my butt to get to Sylvan and will only be getting paid for 1 hour of my 2 hour scheduled shift. They didn't close because of the hassle it would have been to schedule make ups for all the kids in the schedule that night. Well, now they have to schedule make ups for all those kids anyway-except for the 4 that showed up for the 4-6 class. Snow has a way of screwing everything up. GRRRRRR-I hate snow!!!!!

No comments: