Monday, October 23, 2006

Thought I would have more time

So, I thought I would have time to write every day, but last week, subbing really kept me busy-3 days. I wouldn't give it up for anything and I love being back in the classroom, without having to write the lesson plans. My kindergarten subbing was interesting-bilingual kindergarten. It was team taught, yet was split most of the day. It was a very interesting day, which may have worked even better if I had taken Spanish in high school. (RAP where are you when I need you!!!!!!) They did get taught German, so I could understand there. Oh well.
This weekend we finally carved our pumpkins, with some friends. I always feel I am more creative when there are other people around. I still made a face on mine(it was one of the easy patterns left) but it was a bit more complicated than just the triangle nose and eyes and a mouth wiht some teeth. Brian did Tigger and it turned out really cool. Maybe someday soon I will figure out how to post pictures and I can show you our creative talents:)
We also attended a baptism. Those are always fun and babies are so cute. (Not cute enough to make me want to have one just yet!)
Well, off to clean the house for a potential mother-in-law visit this evening:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pumpkins!
I haven't carved any yet this year, but I was inspired by photos of another friends creations. Maybe this week I'll get creatively ambitious. I did put out gourds and some corn stalks--that's a good start, right?