Monday, December 01, 2008

Turkey Day and Early Bird Survivor!!

I am happy to report that I have survived 2 turkey days and 1 morning of shopping, early bird shopping!!
Turkey Day #1 was at the in-laws on Thanksgiving.  I was a little worried about this one, since there is some history there.  Surprisingly everyone was on their best behavior.  One SIL even played a game with the rest of us!!  There was no arguing, shouting, complaining, or raising of the voices.  All in all, it was much better than expected.  
Turkey Day #2 was at my parents on Saturday.  This was just my parents, Adam and my aunt.  So nothing really out of the ordinary there.  Mom kept retelling the same stories, and the rest of us would just roll our eyes, knowing we had already heard the story.
Early Bird shopping was great.  Brian and I were up at 4am, and out of the house by 4:30am.  We were standing in line outside of Best Buy by 4:50am. (Best Buy opened at 5)  We were in and out of there in 15 minutes.  Then it was off for more shopping.  There are no injuries to report from the morning and we got everything we set out for.  I am happy to report, that thanks to this early shopping day, we are almost done with our Christmas shopping.  We returned home by about 9:15, after visiting 6 stores and stopping for breakfast!!

No comments: