Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I love student teachers!!!!

I probably didn't feel that way when I was one, but now that I am a sub, they are great!!
I subbing in a 4th grade classroom today, with a student teacher.  He was at the point where he was teaching everything.  So, why take that joy away from him to change things and confuse the kids.  I am not one who like to confuse kids and take them away from their routines.  So, Mr. Lamers taught the class today.  
What did I do all day??  I watched, and circulated the room to help out where necessary with directions and behaviors.  Now, keep in mind that they were 4th graders, so they didn't need much help.  There was also an hour break in the morning for Gym/Music.  There was nothing that needed to be prepped and Mr. Lamers was all set to go for the day.  So I read my book, a lot of my book.  
My day was a pretty easy one.  I like to have those every once in a while.  I hope that all of you get an easy day every once in a while.

No comments: