Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Out of my comfort zone

As many of you may know, one of my goals for 2010 was to do something out of my comfort zone. Those of you that know me well, know that I am not an outgoing person who will go up and talk to someone I don't know, so this would prove to be a tough goal. Well, thankfully, Rae Ann knows that I am not outgoing and one of her goals was to do a volunteer project each month. She included me in her project for May, so I helped at a Food Pantry in Milwaukee. While I didn't actually deal with the people coming to the pantry, I stocked shelves and filled the bags that would be handed out, I was definitely out of my comfort zone. I like doing things that I am familiar with, in areas I am familiar with, with people I am familiar with. (Out of the 6 of us that volunteered, I knew 3 and one was Brian)
So, there is one goal for 2010 that I can most certainly cross off the list as accomplished. I am still working on the others. And thanks to Rae Ann for knowing me so well and thinking to include me-even though we did have the furthest drive to get there. It was a great time!!!

1 comment:

Mommy Petersen said...

It wasn't too uncomfortable now was it? We'll do it again! :)