Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer School-Week 1

The first week of summer school is over!!!!

I am once again teaching Kindergarten Readiness in the team taught room. However neither of the teachers from last year are there :) There are 2 new teachers-I am not really sure about one of them yet, as she was hired at the last minute, but we will see. So, there are 3 teachers, 28 students (as of this week-31 on the rooster), and a sign language interpreter in the room this year.

This week was my week to teach. I did an All About Me theme and the kids seemed to enjoy it :) It is nice to have 2 other teachers to help control all of the kids.

I now get to relax a little next week as I am done teaching for a while and don't have to worry about prep work. I will get to see what it is like on the controlling the masses end of things.

Here's to hoping the rain scheduled for Monday-Wednesday holds off until 11:30 every day so we can get outside. We spent one day inside this week and what a difference a little outside time makes in a room full of 4 and 5 year olds!!!!

No comments: