Thursday, August 02, 2007

A DMV visit can be accomplished in under 1 hour!!!

I was just as shocked as you are reading that, but I did it today. And I must say it was a firts for me!!! I needed to have the lein removed from my car title (the car has been paid off since May, so I decided that I would finally make the trip in to the DMV). So after teaching at Sylvan this morning, I headed to the DMV, with my title and lein removal paperwork from Ford in my hand, along with a book to read. Walking in, there seemed to be an awful lot of people, so I thought I was doomed. I waited in line to get my number. The time stamped on my number was 11:13am. There were only 4 numbers ahead of mine, maybe this wasn't going to be so long after all.
So, I took a seat and began reading. After about 10 minutes, I was noticing that the 500's were not moving at all and everything else was. (My number was 535) Finally it went to 532 and then they started flying from there. Just before 11:30, I heard that wonderful DMV voice say "now serving 535 and window number 6."
I gathered my things and went to the window. The guy took all my stuff, entered some things into the computer, took my check, and handed me my new title-with no leins!!! I was walking out of the DMV shortly after 11:30.
So for all those of you who dread going, like I used to, it is possible to make it a short trip. The trick is to pick the right day and the right time. Would I have been so lucky at 3pm on a Friday?? Probably not.

No comments: