Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Another year bites the dust

Yep, yesterday marked the beginning of my 28th year on this earth. It really doesn't feel any different. Brian keeps telling me to wait until I hit 30 (he will be 33 this year), and he keeps teasing me about getting older. The great things is that no matter how old I get, he will always be older!!
The day was really no different than any other Monday. Except for the fact that there were a few cards in the mail and less bills. I love having mail that doesn't require sending money to someone. The mother in law also stopped by, with one of the sister in laws, to drop off a gift and cake-we all know that Brian wasn't going to make one. And I still had to work at Sylvan, but I did get a gift certificate to Dairy Queen, so I guess it was worth it. And my student load was fairly light and easy, so I can't really complain. Now I just have to figure out how to spend all that birthday money.
The other excitement from the day was that Brian started his new job. Well, the training part anyway. I guess there is no guarantee of a job until the training is completed and passed (whatever that means). I believe that means we have another 3-6 months to wait before we know if he has permanent full time employment.
I still have no full time employment. I did get an application in the mail that I asked for 2 weeks ago. I even e-mailed them last week to make sure it had been mailed since I hadn't gotten it yet. They assured me it had been mailed-that was July 31st when I got that e-mail. The postmark on the stamp said Aug 2. Makes you wounder. Do I really want to fill out that application?? It is only at a day care center for K4. Guess I will wait to see if anything else comes along.

No comments: