Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Back in the subbing game

still not as much as I would like to be, but better then a sporadic call every few weeks. I subbed Wednesday-Friday last week and I have 3 more days set up for next week. I still don't have anything for this week, but it is only Tuesday. I wish I could get more teacher jobs instead of the parapro jobs, since they pay more, but I guess at this point money is money and I will take it however I can get it. (Short of having to go stand on the corner of College Ave. somewhere downtown)
Still no job leads for next year. I have sent in a few recent applications and am still waiting to hear back on them (or not hear back) I am sure that more will be coming up in the next few weeks as contracts come due and districts start working on budget things for next year. I am not going to totally worry until the end of August. I didn't get hired until the middle of August when we first move to the Fox Valley, so I know that a lot of schools are not in a real hurry to hire sometimes. I also have to decide how far I am willing to drive each day to work and how that drive would interfere with the hours i would work at Sylvan. But at this point I am willing to do about a 30 minute commute, one way.
Off to do more job hunting.

No comments: