Friday, September 10, 2010

I survived art class!!!

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday at the catholic school in the art class. I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect. I have been in that room before, and the kids have always been in the middle of projects and they knew more about what they were supposed to do then I did. So, this being the beginning of the year, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to START any projects because I do not have an artistic bone in my body.
I was mostly in luck. Most classes were filling out worksheets about a form of art. (I think she does a "history" before they actually start a project). And I had the answer keys, so I didn't have to know much about the subject.
I did actually have to introduce a project to the 4th grade. They needed to make leaves-I have no idea what the rest of that project will be. So, I had to show how to start with a basic shape and then add in the detail. I am no artist, so they looked very little like leaves when I was done with my demonstration. I also had the kids make 2 leaves, in case one was not to the teachers liking. I am just hoping that when she sees the leaves next week she is not wondering what the heck they are and what I showed them. But, it took most of them only a few minutes to make them, so they can always be redone if she sees fit.

I get to work tomorrow. I haven't worked a Saturday in over a year, so it will be strange to get up early and go into Sylvan, but the money will be nice. Then on Friday, I get to sub in a 4th grade class. And next Saturday is the city wide rummage sale. So I am secretly hoping that Friday is my only day to sub next week so that I can prepare for the sale. If you are in the area and looking for something to do, stop in and say HI (and maybe find something that you are looking to buy!)

No comments: