Monday, August 30, 2010

Looks like it will be another year of subbing

Well, as the beginning of school is only days away here in the fox valley, it looks like for the 5th year in a row I will not be setting up a classroom. I know there are still 2 days before school starts, but things are not looking to hopeful for me to still get in. Of course, just because the school year starts, doesn't mean hiring won't be done.
I did have one interview this summer. A few weeks ago I applied and interviewed for a 50% preschool position at the Kaukauna Catholic School. I have subbed for them many times last year, and knew the principal and staff. I was really hopeful that this year would be the year I would get to decorate a classroom again. No luck-2 days after the interview i was called and told she was going a different route. So, I was back to where I started from.
Last week, I went to get my TB test so I could continue subbing in the Menasha district. I also got a confirmation e-mail from the Kimberly district reminding me to make sure my online profile is up to date (they use an automated system to call subs). I also have to e-mail the principal at the catholic school and let her know that I am still interested in subbing for them (even if I am not good enough to teach for them!!)
So, stay tuned for all the adventures that I go through this year as a sub. With 3 districts, you would think I would be kept busy. Keeping my fingers crossed for that!! But probably not for a few weeks. How many teachers call in sick the first few weeks of school?!?!

No comments: