Thursday, March 12, 2009

subbing, subbing, subbing

That's right, I have subbed for the last 3 days-in a row!!  (And my house is showing the signs!!)

Monday and Tuesday were in the intermediate school, and I was a little nervous to take it at first, but I figured you have to try at least once before you decide if you are going to like it or not.  It really wasn't that bad-She was the World Studies and Computer teacher.  She had lots of prep time on Monday and a little on Tuesday.  The classes were only 40 minutes long.  Who can't tolerate kids for 40 minutes?!?!  I mean they are 5th and 6th graders how tough can 40 minutes be?!?!  Those days actually went great, and I have to say that if asked again, I would probably try the intermediate school again.
Funny thing there was the teacher I was subbing for is named Mrs. Berndt (burnt).  So, Mrs. Burns was subbing for Mrs. Berndt!!  A few kids caught on to that and thought it was pretty funny!!  (I have to say I agree)
Wednesday I was in an Early Childhood classroom.  I didn't know when I got the call, but it was a Special Ed room.  Early Childhood Special Ed is definitely not as intimidating as elementary Special Ed, but still not something I would want to do every day!  There were 3 sessions of kids: 1-3 kids, 3 adults; 2-2 kids, 2 adults; 3-2 kids, 3 adults.  I can't say that it was a tough day.  I did a lot of one on one work with one little boy and helped where needed the other times.  There was a parapro in the classroom as well, so that defiantly helped out.

Today, I am going to attend to my neglected house.  The dishes are piling up and I am afraid they are going to walk out of the kitchen soon.  The laundry has been screaming "fold me" since Monday, so that is on the list too.  Then there is the daily maintenance that needs some catching up.  Thankfully there is no Sylvan for me tonight, so I should be able to get everything done!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.