Friday, March 13, 2009

Water

You don't realize how much you miss it until it is gone.  That is what happened her this afternoon.

I was subbing today-thankfully I didn't have to hear the jackhammering of the street that start at God knows what hour this morning.  I came home about 4 to the Kaukauna Utilities truck all over the street with a large hole in front of the house across the street.  There was dump truck
 full of dirt in front of my driveway.  So right away I am not happy about having to park a house away and walk through the mud they created to get home.   As soon as I walk int he door, Steve (the one with the hole in front of his house) comes over to tell me that they were fixing some problem that apparently happened a year ago when we had our pipes fixed.  Well, in the process they hit Steve's sewer pipe.  He left and my first thought was to quick us the bathroom while I still had the chance.

So, I let them do their work while I hid on the computer, away from the sound of yet more jackhammering.  When I finally decide to check out the progress, here is what I see:

And, where are the utility workers??  Standing 2 houses away watching the geyser in the street.  Eventually they came closer to watch.  Apparently they had to wait for the sewage to get out or something.  
They were just packing up when I came back here.  There is still a big hole in the street-hopefully marked as such- and there is mud all over the street.  I am assuming we have water again, but haven't tried it yet.

Happy Friday the 13th!!!


No comments: