Monday, February 02, 2009

Happy Groundhog's Day!!!

From what I have seen on the internet, the groundhog has seen his shadow.  Therefore we have 6 more weeks of winter.  Really there would have been 6 more weeks of winter either way, but then we wouldn't have this fun tradition of seeing what the groundhog does every Feb 2nd.  So, 6 more weeks of winter, but I hear that it won't be as cold as the last few months have been. Yeah!!!!

I was thinking back to last few months-very cold and snowy, more cold than snow lately.  We hadn't used our snowblower very often in Jan, compared to Nov and Dec.  But, I could use a little snow to cover up the "dirty" snow that is on the side of the roads.  I am thankful that it was a beautiful weekend for the snow to start melting.  And that melting will continue for a while.  As long as the snow melts slowly I don't think the basement will have too many issues.  (Knock on wood!!)

Happy Groundhog's Day and enjoy the little warm-up!

No comments: