Monday, October 08, 2007

food, fun, and fond memories

Friday night was my 10 year high school reunion. After a lot of thought about whether or not to go, I decided that there were a few people that I would be interested in seeing again. And there were also the others that I was curious to see what they were up to now.So, after getting lost in downtown Milwaukee-due to highway construction-we finally found the bar we were looking for (thanks to a phone call to dad) For being 30 minutes late, there really were not a whole lot of people there yet. So, we mingled a little, ate, and mingled some more. It was nice to meet the husbands/significant others of my classmates and hear what they have been up to in the past 10 years. I talked to everyone that I was interested in talking to, and even a few people that I wasn't, and was surprised to hear what some of them had been up to. Not many had kids, but quite a few were expecting. I expected most people to be married and a few that I expected to be were still single.All in all, it was a nice evening of reminiscing with high school classmates. Sharing stories that some spouses may not have heard yet, and hearing new stories of how relationships started. And I was pleasantly surprised that everyone looked pretty much the same way they did 10 years ago, in high school.

No comments: