Friday, May 25, 2007

Subbing, Subbing, Subbing

I have finally had a few days off to catch my breath. I have been subbing for the past week and a half. Don't get me wrong, that is a good thing, but it has been a while since I have worked a full week. I have been a preschool parapro, I have supervised in school suspension, I have been in the CD room working with small groups, and I have been a "floating" kindergarten teacher. I have enjoyed all except the in school suspension. I actually thought, at first, that would be easier and more boring than the middle school library. I was wrong, WAY WRONG. The child I was supervising was an EBD (emotional, behavioral disturbed) student and could change moods in an instant. One minute he would be doing his work just fine and the next he would be flipping out about something. And when he flipped out it took quite a while to get him back on track again. Course, I didn't know any techniques that they were using in the EBD room, so that was a bit challenging. I survived, but would not want to do it again-if I had my choice.
The other days went well and it hardly felt like working. Especially in preschool, I mean where else can you get paid to play and color for most of the day. I did have some other "teacher like duties" too, but they were not as tough as controlling my EBD student.
The district is off today for an unused snow day, so I knew that I would have today to catch up on the house work that got neglected by the time I would get home at 8 every night.

No comments: