Monday, May 07, 2007

oh to be a student teacher again

Ok, maybe not really. I mean all that hard work with none of the pay for it. But subbing when there is one in the room is pretty awesome. This was the case last Friday. I subbed in a 3rd grade classroom and didn't know there was a student teacher in the room until i got there that morning. And he was to the point in his student teaching that he was teaching everything. Again, I was only there to help with crowd control and give feedback as necessary. And I was doing odd jobs for the teacher as she wanted me to leave the room several times during the day. I would have to say it was pretty easy day. And the class was fairly well behaved that I didn't even have to help with discipline, he had everything under control. This teacher is also out on Thursday and Friday of this week, so I am hoping that i could possibly be back there again. Hey, it is more easy money for not having to do a whole lot. I would have to say it is easier than the middle school library.
Thank goodness for student teachers!!

I don't know if I could ever be a mentor teacher. I am not sure that my teaching skill are the greatest yet. Maybe someday i can have the luxury of having a student teacher in my classroom-course, I would need a classroom first!!

No comments: