Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Rejection turned positive

This afternoon, I received word that the job I interviewed for on Saturday was given to someone else. The job was a long term kindergarten sub at a Catholic school in Watertown (my parents live there, so the commute would not have been insane) The position was given to someone who had most of her experience in a kindergarten classroom (I thought I did too, but apparently not)
However, there were only 3 of us that the principal interviewed, so I should feel good that my resume was good enough to get me in the top 3!!

So, as bummed as I am about not having a steady income for even 8 weeks, there are some positives about not getting that position that I am going to focus on:
*I will not have to take a break from my position at Sylvan and worry about having any hours when I returned.
*Brian and I will not have to live apart during the week and see each other only on weekends (possibly).
*I won't have to live with my parents (if even for a few weeks).
*My resume got looked at and I was in the top 3!!!
*I had my first interview in years for a teaching position. (the practice is a good thing, I guess)
*The principal said his decision was a difficult one (and I believe him) and that he will keep me in mind for future positions at his school or when talking to other principals.

Now I am still on the job hunt and in the subbing world (I wish that would pick up a little). Thank you to everyone who sent positive thoughts my way for that job. Thank you to everyone who continues to send positive thoughts my way for a job in the future.

1 comment:

Mommy Petersen said...

I'm so glad you can look at it this way, Sara! I know the job hunt has been long and stressful. The best is yet to come though. Keep believing in that!