Thursday, August 07, 2008

Brett's a Jet

If you haven't heard the news by now, you must live in a bubble.  This information has dominated all forms of media for most of the day today.  In fact it was the entire first 10 minutes of the 10pm news this evening.  Granted I was watching a Green Bay station, but I am sure it is all over.  I must say that I am glad the whole saga is over, but am slightly disappointed that Brett will not be staying in Green Bay.  From the beginning I had thought that if he came back to the green and gold he shouldn't be starting QB anyway, I mean how fair would that be to Aaron who has been working his but off for the months since Brett "retired".  From the moment Brett announced his retirement, I had a fear/hope that he would come back. (Check my previous blogs, I really did)  I just was not quite hoping for it to end with Brett going to the Jet's.
Brett did some wonderful things for the Packers and will be remembered for them, even those saying they will no longer be Packer fans.  Were you ever really Packer fans to start with then??  I mean, players come and players go, but in the end it really is just a game.
I wish Brett luck with the Jets but can't help but wonder if and when he will flop there.  I mean Mike McCarthy said that Brett's heart/mind was not in the right place to play for the Packers.  For the Jet's sake, I hope he finds the right mindset that he needs just to be able to play football.
In the words of my brother, hopefully the Packers and the Jets will meet in a playoff game and Aaron can kick Brett's butt.  Wouldn't that be some sweet revenge?!?!
I think I may have to make a trip to GB tomorrow to get some discounted Favrewear-I hear they are slashing prices.
I wish Brett and the Jets luck, just not too much-wouldn't want them to outshine the Packers.
And I am moving on and will happily cheer Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers on to a Super Bowl!!!

No comments: