Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer School-Day 1

The crazy day. Kids coming in early, late, with parents, without parents, not on my list, wrong name on my list. I think kids started coming in at 8:20-the time they are allowed to enter the hallway. Then two families came in, one girl was in my room-her friend wasn't. The one came back a little while later, and now the other girl is in my room too. Can't split up those friends, what will the 5 year olds do!! Then one comes in and says the first name is different, is it the same kid. I don't know, sent them to the office. she came back and said they goofed. So I now have to make 2 new name tags as part of my homework tonight.
Once the parents were gone and kids were where they were supposed to be, the day went fine. I didn't realize how little was actually left in the room until the kids started playing. Oh well, they didn't really seem to mind and now that I know how fast they work, i will have more planned.
I had 4 kids out today, so my total was at 11. What a nice size and they all played so quietly!!
We will see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully nothing blog-worthy, but with 5 year olds, you just never know!

No comments: