Friday, October 01, 2010

The wake up calls have begun!!!

I got my first wake up call yesterday, at 5:10am!! I ended up rejecting that job because it was for a special ed position and I just do not fit well with those. But I selected the option where the system can still call me with other assignments.
So I decided to go back to bed and figured that I would not be getting another call. WRONG!!! At 5:34am, the phone rang again. Once again it was the automated system offering a 3rd grade position. I knew I could handle that one, so I accepted.
That class was wonderful and the school is nice too, even though it seems as though the teachers are not the friendliest, beyond a hello if passed in the hallway. (Not all of them fit this, but most of them seem to, at least they did yesterday)
Today, the phone rang at 5:55am-again the automated system, offering a 1st grade position. I accepted. And the school is one of the closer ones to my house, so that made it nice.
That class was not as enjoyable as the 3rd grade, but we still had fun. The 1st graders we a lot more chattier and I am not sure if it was because it was a Friday or because they had a substitute.

So, I have already subbed 7 days since the start of school. I think that is great and am hoping it keeps up like this.

No comments: