Monday, August 10, 2009

Chocolate covered bacon...


...on a stick!!
We went to the State Fair yesterday and the new item on a stick this year was chocolate covered bacon. I debated for a while, after hearing mixed reviews, if I was going to try this or not. I decided to be brave and give it a try. I mean, I like bacon and I like chocolate, how bad could it be?!?! It was actually quite delicious. The flavor was mostly chocolate, with a little salty kick from the bacon. I could hardly taste the bacon!! I just wish that I didn't have to eat it so fast to keep the chocolate from melting all over me. (it was a messy thing to eat when it is 90 degrees and humid!!) If it is there next year, I have to say that I will get me another piece!!!

If you are going to the Fair this week, or know someone who is, I recommend the chocolate covered bacon, on a stick!!

1 comment:

Mommy Petersen said...

Thanks for the recommendation...I was debating. It's been suggested to try the deep friend PB&J as well. :)