Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Random Thoughts

It has been a while since I posted and while nothing interesting has happened, I will post some random thoughts about the last month or so. Forgive me for having no specific order to this!!

*Summer school starts next week. (And I am pretty sure that it is going to be blog worthy. 3 teachers, 2 aides, 32 kids, and a high school helper all in one room. I'll keep you posted on that one!!)
*4th year teaching summer school, 4th school. Still Kindergarten Readiness, and this year it was kinda up to me. I could have been at the same school as last year, but the teacher who's room I was in said that she would only teach if she could be in her own room. So, being the bigger person, I said that I would move to a new school, as long as it was still kindergarten. I am not so sure about this placement, so keep checking back for updates!!
*Glad I added the Kimberly School District to my subbing list this year, because they came through a lot more than Menasha.
*3 teachers left Sylvan-yeah for us, more hours!!! Wrong, they have hired a new girl who already has more hours than I do next week. (I have the most seniority of the teachers, but that means nothing at Sylvan) I could do a whole post on my frustrations with Sylvan, but I will not.
*With subbing for 3 years, I have been able to get a lot of reading done. In the past 3 years, I have read the Harry Potter series, the Twilight series, the newest V.C Andrews series, and several other random books that don't belong to a series. Yeah reading!!!
*Had 2 rummage sales, one with a friend and one where I just sent stuff with mom to grandma's. The 2nd one was more successful, but we still have stuff left that I have to decide what to do with. Thank goodness we have a house with a basement and don't live in the apartment anymore.
*My cousins youngest had his 1st birthday and got to go to IL to celebrate. Another 1 year party coming up next weekend.
*We got new living room carpet. Went from blue to "native clay" (light brown with flecks of other shades mixed in)
*Spent a lot of time with my godson and his sister (their parents too!!)
*Saw a hypnotist at a new comedy club in the valley. That was hilarious-one guy almost took off his pants, until the hypnotist noticed that he was not wearing underwear!!! I have never seen someone move quite that fast.
*Got 20 free tickets to the same comedy club for Friday and looking forward to hanging out with some friends and seeing a comedian.

I think that about covers what has been happening since my last post. Look for a new post next week as summer school starts and I will have more time as I have lost hours at Sylvan for next week!!!

No comments: