Tuesday, January 06, 2009

An ice scraper shortage?!?!?!?

I am not talking the tiny ones for the cars, I am talking the long ones for the sidewalks and such.  It would appear that an ice storm, like the one we had over the weekend, tends to clear all hardware stores of these scrapers.  I called at least a dozen stores in our area this morning and only one store could confirm that they had any left-and another would be getting a shipment later on this evening.  Unfortunately, the store that had them was out by the mall-20 minutes away and a place I try to avoid until March.  
I drove to Home Depot, the only place that said they had any left.  Sure enough, they had 2 left.  So I grabbed one and headed to the register.  As I was walking a man asked me where I found that.  I told him to hurry because there was only one left!!
So all the stores in about a 20 mile radius of my house are sold out of sidewalk ice scrapers until about 6pm (When Ace told me they would be getting more in.)
Thankfully we now own one and I will not have to go on a hunt for one anytime in the near future.
I am also happy to report that it works great and the think layer of ice that was once my sidewalk can be called a sidewalk again.  It was fun to watch the ice chips slide down the snow banks as I added them to the heaping piles of snow in the front yard!!
We are ice free for the time being!!!

No comments: